oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Daddy

I miss you, Dad. Yesterday, you would
have been 96. You would be an old, old
man. I would bemoan your age, but I miss
you. You never told me much about you,
but we had some great times. I moved
your picture today - the one with you
and your marlin. It's mounted right next
to my first sailfish. I've got the rakish
picture of your boar with that cigarette
hanging out of its mouth. You would be
proud of us. I've got two mounted ducks
that my sons shot. They were so small when
you died, but they are growing up now.
I've also got a duck of mine and pictures
of my four banded ducks on the wall.
Rob is in college and Craig is headed
off next year. I wish I had you to
tell me what to do. I wasn't ready
to be the daddy when you died, but
I did learn some from you.

Love,

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home