oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Barking Snipe

Went out to do a little scouting for the
next Saturday's second phase opener of
duck season. Did see one really large
group of bwts. I just sat in the boat
and glassed them for a while. It was
a ballet.

I was also out for some snipe hunting.
The wading and the hunting were hard,
but I managed 4 snipe. My shooting
wasn't the best, but I didn't have
any cripples and I didn't loose any.

Here's me with the take.



The one on the left was exceptionally
pretty. The photo doesn't do it
justice.



It was a lot of work for not much meat,
but snipe is really really tasty.



ofs

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger vanckirby said...

cant wait to see how you cook em up

9:41 PM  
Blogger oldfatslow said...

If I get a few more, I'll probably just marinate them in Italian dressing and then grill them.

ofs

8:23 AM  
Blogger oldfatslow said...

Fwiw, I picked the name "The Barking Snipe" cause it sounds like a great name for a pub.

ofs

4:19 PM  
Blogger NoGoodGuitarPicker said...

Never seen camo like that before....

1:46 AM  
Blogger oldfatslow said...

We probably hunt more times in green stuff than in brown. This has been great camo.

http://www.dkflatwoods.net/

ofs

6:03 AM  
Blogger vanckirby said...

id drink at that pub! we could start up the "stinklings" instead of the inklings.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home