oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bad Ju Ju

Went scouting yesterday afternoon. We
saw a few ducks and found a couple nice
holes. I figured things would be mostly
okay. When we got back to the ramp,
I found the remains of a rooster that had
been sacrificed there the night before.
This must be a popular spot for Santeria,
cause we've found one there before.

Hey, I don't believe that stuff. How
could that hex my hunt? When I got
the kids up in the morning, my #4
boy said, "My stomach really hurts;
I don't think I can go." Fine, more
room in the boat for the rest of us,
I think.

Boys #1 and #2 and I got dressed,
ate breakfast, got our waders on and
started to put the guns and ammo
bags in the boat. That's when we
heard boy #4 ralphing up his guts.
SheWhoMustBeObeyed came out and
let it be known that she'd be really
bummed if I went hunting and left
her with Barfing Boy. So, we called
off the hunt.

ofs

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger vanckirby said...

hope he starts to feel better soon!

ive been praying for your oldest. how is he feeling?

9:17 PM  
Blogger oldfatslow said...

Twitchy's home from college, was the second one to have the barfs, and is recovered from the stress of finals. Thank you for remembering him. I got caught up in Christmas and forgot to send an update.

ofs

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home