oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Conversation Snippets

Sometimes you overhear just enough of
a private conversation in a public place
to have a very surreal experience.

Today, I was heading out of Barnes &
Noble when one of two women heading
in said to the other, "I know where underwear
goes, and they don't go in the refrigerator."

Very random.

Once while I was visiting my mom in the
nursing home, one of the female detainees
walked past and said to herself, "I feel
like the last rose." The image that popped
in my mind almost floored me.

Very powerful.

ofs

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger vanckirby said...

what? my panties always go in the fridge

9:42 PM  
Blogger oldfatslow said...

Watched the new season of Heroes
(a disappointment so far). In
one scene the "new" character
Tracy Strauss is seen trying
out her new power and freezing
a vase of flowers. There is
one last rose towering over a
pile of petals.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home