oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Mid-Season Update

So far, the season has been a mixture.  I've hunted
by myself and with some buddies.  I've done better
hunting with others, but none of it has been stellar.

We had a wet summer right up until July 1th. After
that, we've been in a low level drought.  The local
WMA has been a bust and the surrounding public
lands have been just as slow.

I did scout one place that looked good before
the season.  Topped off hydrilla (duck candy)
for miles.  But the ducks have cleared off.



The one really good hunt I had started off
strange.  I was heading down a dirt stretch
on the way to ramp to meet my buddy and
his airboat.  I saw something running in
the road, swung around it, and saw it
was a Babe-sized pig. Unfortunately,
the little pig decided to commit suicide
and dove under my rear tires.  No damage
to the truck, but the pig wasn't in good
shape. Ended up dinner for the vultures.






My buddy, Mike T. and I had a pretty good day.
I got my first wood duck in years.  I thought
about mounting it, but it wasn't quite fully
plumed.


I went to scout one kayak friendly spot, but
the wind was too strong.  I got practice stowing
the kayak and gear in the truck





I also got to use the homemade kayak trolley.  Wow
does that make it easy to haul the kayak to the 
water.


But while I was there, I got to meet the FlukeMaster 
hisself.  My Navy boy watches his YouTube channel
 religiously.


Nice guy for a Georgia fan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home